The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Forest Park, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Forest Park Police Department.
Salary: $64,677.20 – $96,077.24 (7 years)
Sworn Police Officers: 38
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Forest Park:
• U.S. citizenship;
• No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
• Valid state-issued driver’s license;
• Minimum of 21 years of age AND shall be under the age of 35 by the application deadline date (November 5, 2021) unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act;
• Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
• Completed a minimum of 60 semester college credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college by the application deadline date (November 5, 2021). Unofficial college transcripts or copy of diploma required at time of application. Official transcripts will be required for preference points;
• Possess a valid NIPSTA (P.O.W.E.R. Test) card –OR- equivalent criteria as per the State standard (such as Triton Community College or Joliet Junior College), issued within 12 months of the application deadline November 5, 2021) -AND- must be presented no later than the date of the written exam;
• Must successfully complete an oral interview;
• Must successfully complete a background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personnel matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
• Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical physical (including drug and alcohol screening);
• Mandatory On-line Written Examination Testing: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing available between Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM. Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process, along with further instructions for taking the
on-line written exam. NOTE: Please be sure to check your email spam folder. Many email account providers automatically send our emails there in error (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
• Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Forest Park for the following:
• Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
• Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related law enforcement field from an accredited community or junior college –OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma and/or official transcripts must be submitted when requested to qualify.
• Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with the application to qualify.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: www.ApplyToServe.com
The Village of Forest Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Forest Park Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.