Call 911 for ANY Police/Fire/Paramedic service, not just for emergencies.



The Records Division’s hours are:
Mondays: 8:00am to 7:00pm
Tuesdays: Fridays, 8:00am – 5:00 pm
Phone: 708-615-6214

When calling, please have your relevant information ready. This may include a report number, license plate number, or other information to assist us in responding to your call.

How do I get a Police or Traffic Crash Report?
If you want to request a copy of a case report, you must physically come to the Forest Park Police Department and request it. You can only receive a case report if you are an authorized person such as the victim, the victim’s representative, or the attorney of record. All records requests are subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules.

To obtain a copy of a case report, you must provide:
Exact cash or check/money order payable to the Village of Forest Park in the amount of $5.00. This is a non-refundable administrative fee.

Valid form of identification such as Illinois driver’s license or Illinois ID is required.

Please provide:
• Report type – Crash, Damage to property, robbery, assault, etc.
• Date and location of occurrence
• Report number, if known (Example 09-05-0000)

Illinois legislation provides that victims of domestic violence may request a copy of their crime report without charge. There will be no fee charged to the victim.

Make Checks Payable to: Village of Forest Park

Someone I know was arrested, now what?
Once a person has been charged with a crime, the person may be eligible for bond for many misdemeanor offenses. The bond amount will depend on the nature of the crime. Typically a person is not eligible to post bond for domestic violence or felony crimes.

If the person is not able to post bond, the police department will transport them to the Cook County Sheriff’s Department for bond hearing. Bond hearings are help at the Clerk of Circuit Court building Monday through Saturdays (excluding some holidays) at 9:30am.

For further information about the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court, please visit –

I got a letter for disobeying a red light, now what?
Red light violations are considered civil violations and are part of Forest Park’s photo enforcement program. In addition to disobeying a red light, you can be cited with a Red Light Violation if you fail to bring your vehicle to a complete stop before turning right when the light is red. Turning right on red, after bringing your vehicle to a complete stop, is only allowed at intersections that do not have signs prohibiting such turns.

You can pay the violation one of three ways:
• Pay on-line at
• Pay by phone- 1-866-562-5779
• Pay by Mail with a check made payable to the Village of Forest Park Photo Enforcement Program. Send the check to: Photo Enforcement Program

Department #0125
P.O. Box 5905
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5905

You can contest the violation:

1. By Mail- Fill in the CONTEST BY MAIL circle on the notice stub and on the return envelope. Enclose a letter in the return envelope signed by the registered owner of vehicle setting forth facts that establish a defense. Also enclose any supporting evidence (indicating the violation notice number) such as photographs, affidavits, your state vehicle registration, or official police vehicle theft or recovery reports. Make sure the documents are legible and complete. Send copies, not originals; documents will not be returned. Enclose all evidence needed to support you defense because the Hearing Officer’s decision is final. All CONTEST BY MAIL materials can be mailed using the enclosed return envelope and must be received by the Pay or Contest by Date.

2. In-Person Hearing- Fill in the IN-PERSON HEARING circle on the return stub and on the return envelope. Mail the stub in the return envelope. Your request must be received by the Pay or Contest By Date. If you do not receive a notice of your hearing date and time within 10 days, please call 1-866-562-5779.

Please see the “Administrative Hearing” information below for further information on the actual hearing.

I received a local ordinance ticket, now what?
The Village of Forest Park offers Administrative Adjudication as an alternative to court. This process addresses a wide range of cases involving violations of municipal ordinances. Such hearings, which take place at Forest Park Village Hall, expedites resolutions, reduces litigation expenses, and allows the Circuit Court to focus on more serious offenses. These hearings are also more convenient for residents who wish to contest a ticket or citation.

An administrative hearing is a civil (not a criminal) proceeding. Cases filed in adjudication are punishable by fines. Under the administrative hearing system, an Administrative Hearing Officer hears cases and not the municipal entity that issued the ticket, complaint, or notice of violation. Hearing Officers, all of whom are experienced attorneys, are required to undergo State mandated training to be professional, fair, and courteous.

In Forest Park’s Administrative Adjudication process, the following types of police department cases may be heard:
• Police issued local ordinance tickets
• Parking tickets
• Automated traffic enforcement citations
• Compliance tickets

Administrative Hearing:
A Police Officer may issue a ticket, notice of violation, or file a complaint against an individual. There are several types of citations, a parking ticket, a compliance ticket, a local ordinance ticket, and a “Red Speed” ticket. The parking and compliance tickets will have a fine and a hearing date/time listed at the bottom. The recipient can choose to plead liable and pay the fine prior to the hearing date/time, or appear at the hearing.

If issued a local ordinance ticket, the recipient will be required to attend the listed hearing date/time, as it is a required mandatory appearance. Anyone who cannot speak English must bring someone to assist them.

A continuance is not allowed unless the Hearing Officer finds good cause. Lack of preparation is not considered good cause. If an individual, or their representative, fail to appear for the scheduled hearing on cases other then parking and compliance violations, they may be found in default, and the Hearing Officer may conduct the hearing in their absence.

All hearings are held on the first Wednesday of each month. Parking and compliance tickets are held at 5:00pm; local ordinance citations begin at 6:00pm. The hearings are held at the:

Forest Park Village Council Chambers
517 Desplaines Ave.
Forest Park, IL 60130

Individuals wishing to appear need to make note of the date and time of their hearing as listed on their notice. It is recommended that individuals arrive a few minutes early. Persons attending the hearings must check in with the clerks upstairs before going downstairs in the hearing room. Once in the hearing room, persons must sit down until the case is called.

When the hearing beings, the Hearing Officer makes an opening statement which identifies himself, his role, expectations, and the order in which cases are called. When a case is called, the individual should acknowledge it and step forward in front of the Hearing Officer. The hearing begins immediately and individuals are given an opportunity to present testimony and evidence. All live testimony is given under oath and recorded. The ticket, complaint, or notice of violation may be enough evidence to prove or disprove the Village’s case. By law, the City representative who issued the ticket, complaint, or notice of violation is not required to appear in court. The ticket, complaint, or notice of violation must properly cite several pieces of information, including the date, time, and location of the offenses, the ordinance violated, and the identity of the person named.

Anyone has the right to tell the Hearing Officer his or her side of the story. This includes using witnesses and physical evidence such as bills, receipts, or photos. That presentation must deal specifically with the violation before the court. The City may retain all documents presented as evidence. There are no public defenders and no right to a jury in administrative hearings. Audio and video equipment, newspapers, magazines, food, drink, and chewing gum are not allowed in the hearing room. Disruptive people will be removed from the hearing room and risk having their cases heard without them.

After both sides have been heard, the Hearing Officer makes a determination based on the evidence presented. If he finds the individual liable, fines, penalties, and costs may be imposed according to the guidelines set forth in the Village’s municipal code. The Hearing Officer’s decision is a written document provided to the individual at the end of the hearing. Payments can be made to the clerks at the hearing location. Acceptable forms of payment include personal check, cash, money order, and credit/debit cards.

Anyone who disagrees with the Hearing Officer’s decision has 30 days to appeal the decision to the Circuit Court of Cook County in Maywood, Illinois. Questions about this process can be directed to the Administrative Lieutenant.

How do I get information on registered sex offenders?
All registered sex offenders are required to notify their local police departments about any change of address, vehicles, and places of employment. You can find information on sex offenders living in Illinois by visiting the link